Monday, April 9, 2007

Volunteering in New Orleans

I was in New Orleans March 12 thru March 17 to volunteer with Common Ground Collective. I went with Gulf Coast Recovers, a group that my friend Jen is a member of. I had planned to travel to the Gulf Coast last year but did not make it due to schedule conflict with work. But when Jen email me the dates for this year's trip, I was really excited because I knew the timing would work.

Jen had sent out an email telling everyone about her plan to return to New Orleans and invited all of us along on her Spring Break trip (she's in grad school). After all the email replies back and forth, it was down to the six of us: me, Jen, Shakinah, Tammy, Ben, and Adam. We would all fly in to New Orleans separately, from California and New York, and meet up there.

No comments: