Tuesday, April 10, 2007

SBA > LAX > MSY

I booked a vacation package through United. I ended up arriving a day earlier then the rest of my group so I needed a room for the first night. The vacation package was flexible enough to let me choose how many nights of hotel I wanted, instead of for the entire trip. So that worked out really well.

SBA
My flight was leaving Sunday afternoon. I got there a little early so I went up to the Overlook Cafe to get something to eat. It was a nice little cafe with a view of the airport and UCSB. You can see the runway off to one side and Storke Tower off to the other. My sandwhich was good but I did have to keep going down the menu list since the kitchen ran out of a couple items. I finished off my meal with a shot of Lemon-Lime Airborne.

I went to the gate to go through security check and waited for the plane. And yes I did remember the 3-1-1 rule. On the plane, I had window seat. It was such a nice day out. Flying during the day has it's perks. On a nice day you would get to enjoy a great view from above. I got to enjoy the beautiful clear sky, the California coast line, and the Channel Islands.

LAX
Got in from Santa Barbara on time. I had about an one and a half hour layover so I just read. When I boarded the plane, the captain told us we would be about 40 minutes late due to high wind. It was definitely a bummer since the originally scheduled arrival in New Orleans was midnight!

MSY
Got in to New Orleans around 12:45am. There was no shuttle because the flight was late so the shuttle operators left and would not be back for another hour or so. After getting our luggages, everyone who wanted to take the shuttle had to go with the taxi or else wait until the operators came back. It was definitely scary taking the taxi by myself in the middle of the night. But I made it into the city just fine.

No comments: