Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Prince Conti Hotel

Got to the Prince Conti Hotel just before 2am. I was so tired and ready to just go to bed. I was also trying to force myself to get used to the time difference. I went from Pacific time to Daylight Saving time to Central time.

An interesting thing happened when I walked through the front door though. There was a policewoman arresting a female guest. The front desk clerk later told me that the guest left her son, who looked to be about 10 years old, alone in the room while her and her fiance went out. The son was taking a nap and started crying out for his mother when he woke up to find the room empty. The clerk tried calling her cell phone several times but no one answer. The hotel had to call the police.

After all the excitement, I went up to my room and settled down. I'm glad I picked this hotel. Great location, nice staff, comfortable room. The hotel let me checked out at noon instead of 11am and kept my bags for me until around 6:30pm. The bag storage was definitely a bonus for me because I wasn't heading over to the volunteer site until Monday night. Surprisingly not all hotels offer this service. Many will only let you leave the bags for no more then an hour. I would definitely stay at the Prince Conti Hotel again.

No comments: