Thursday, December 6, 2007

first snow!

When I was busy shopping my savings away at the UCU annual show, it snowed! This was my first snow day in Seattle. Actually, my first snow day ever! Yes, it's true I was born in Chicago. But I don't remember anything, let alone snow days, since I only lived there until I was about three years old.

My housemates asked me if I was excited and stuck out my tongue to taste the snow. No, I didn't do that. Maybe I'll try it next time. I was excited to get out my camera and started snapping away at the white powder falling from the sky onto trees and buildings and cars lining the streets. I took a couple of pictures outside of the Seattle Center, across the street from Teatro Zinzanni. Took a couple more as I was walking back to the monorail heading back downtown. Managed to squeezed in a couple of more shots at the Westlake Center. Then finally had to put the camera away since it wasn't meant for that kind of weather.

When I came home, it was already dark out. Too bad. I wanted a picture of our house covered in snow. My housemate took some of the house and Maggie, our dog, earlier in the day. It came out nice. I also came home to a nine-foot Christmas tree. My job was to decorate it. I think we need more ornaments. Or maybe candy canes. I decorated the tree as the snow keep on falling. Alas, it all melted away on Sunday and we were left with a heavy rain storm instead.

No comments: