Thursday, December 6, 2007

crafts galore

I went to the Urban Craft Uprising annual show on Saturday. UCU is in it's third year showcasing products from indie crafters near and far. I haven't been paying attention to the dates of the show much because I was never in the area. Now that I live in Seattle, how could I miss it!

I got up quite early for a Saturday morning and made it to the Seattle Center around 10:30am. The doors open at 11am. I wanted to try and be the first one hundred people so I could get a swag bags. Fat chance! By the time I got there I was about the two hundredth person in line. Oh well, better set the alarm clock next year.

There were over a hundred vendors inside the exhibition hall. UCU made a map of all the vendors to hand out to the enthusiastic shoppers. Myself included. Very helpful. You can also go on the UCU website before the show to see a list of vendors and their booth location. Also, there were hourly raffles and a fashion show.

No I did not take any pictures of the show. I was too busy browsing and buying. Don't worry, I managed to get out of there without spending a lot of money. I did came out with a bag full of business cards though. I'll be listing links to some of my favorite vendors on my other blog, favorites.feltlikeit.com. Look for the "ucu" tag/categories!

No comments: